State Fair of Texas Highlights
The State Fair of Texas is right around the corner! It’s time for Ferris wheel rides, corndogs, and turkey legs! If you have not been, it is a must. Here are a few highlights about the State Fair of Texas, in case you didn’t know.
When, Where, Parking, & Ticket Information
The most important thing to know is when is the Fair, where is it held, as well as parking & ticket information.
- When: September 30 – October 23, 2022.
- Where: Gate 2 @ 925 S. Haskell, Dallas, TX 75223
- Parking: $20 • Open/Close: Sun.- Thurs. 10am-9pm / Fri. & Sat. 10am-10pm
Why go to the State Fair of Texas?
Why go to the State Fair of Texas? Everyone goes to the Fair for various reasons. Personally, I go for the FOOD! You will find a variety of food choices from savory “Deep Fried Seafood Gumbo Balls” to sweet “Fernie’s Fried Toffee Coffee Crunch Cake”, and everything in-between. Here are the Big Tex Choice Awards:
- “Best Taste – Savory”: Fried Charcuterie Board
- “Best Taste – Sweet”: Peanut Butter Paradise
- “Most Creative”: Cha-Cha Chata
Another reason to go, is for the entertainment, attractions, and events. There are plenty of family friendly shows, live music, rides, games in the Midway, animals in the barn, creative arts, rodeo fun, college football, and culture. Don’t forget about the new Starlight Parade which happens every night at 7:15 p.m.
Though I have gone many times over the years, I find out something new every year. While reading the FAQ page, I learned that these items are allowed to be taken into the Fair:
- Personal food & beverage can be brought in
- Cooler & Ice Chest Just a reminder NO alcohol, NO glass containers, and NO metal knives or forks are allowed.
***ALL cooler/ice chest will be searched upon entering the Fair.